Checking PF Balance, raising claim, applying for PAN and other things you can do using UMANG app
UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-Age Governance) is one of the key initiatives under the Digital India program to develop and grow a common, unified platform and mobile app to facilitate a single point of access to all government services. Launched by the government, it is expected to act as a master app that would provide access to various government services at a single place which would integrate 200 applications. It would also offer around 1,200 services of various government departments of the Centre, States and local bodies, and even some essential utility services from the private sector. When you download this app, it asks you to link your Aadhaar with the app but it’s not mandatory, and you can use UMANG app without linking in your Aadhaar in it.
Things you can do using the ‘UMANG’ APP
The primary aim of government behind launching this app was to abridge the inconvenience faced by users in managing multiple mobile apps and also to facilitate a one-stop solution to avail different government services. The details of Provident Fund (PF) and National Pension System to booking a gas cylinder are now just a click away with the help of this app. Here are some of the services you can avail through this app:
- Employees Provident Fund – Around 40 million members of retirement fund body EPFO can view and download their passbook and could also raise and settle their claims like EPF withdrawal.
- Applying for a New PAN – Getting a new PAN (Permanent Account Number) is just a minute away using this app. The Income Tax Department has offered with a service of applying for a new PAN. If one has already applied for the PAN Card, they can also check the status of the application using this app and you can also do e-KYC by providing your Aadhaar number.
- Looking for a job? – If you are finding a job, you will receive the job alerts. You simply have to register yourself under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
- National Pension System (NPS) Service – If you have an NPS account then you can change address and check your current holdings, account details and also recent contributions using this app. Pensioners can also avail Digital life certificate or Jeevan Praman.
- Gas cylinder refill – Presently Bharatgas, Hindustan Petroleum, Indane subscribers can book a refill or place an order for a double cylinder.
- Passport Seva Service – Check appointment availability, calculate the fee, locate a center and get the details of the documents that you need to submit to the office.
This app is available in Play Store and has been downloaded by over 500 times. It is beta version and is open for suggestion. If you are facing trouble, just give a missed call on 97183-97183 and you will get the app link. Going forward, more government departments are very much likely to provide their services through this app.